Catch up on the latest news about Brazilian football legend, Pele
In a statement released on Sunday, December 4, Brazilian icon and former national team star, Pelé, said messages of support as well as watching Brazil at the World Cup had given him “energy.”
Pelé’s words came after an unsettling scenario, which began when it was announced that he had been moved to ‘end-of-life’ due to the fact that he had stopped responding to chemotherapy treatment.
Fans were then relieved to learn that his situation had improved when the hospital released a statement indicating that he was “still undergoing treatment and remains stable.”
Pelé is in stable condition
“My friends, I want to keep everyone calm and positive,” he said in a statement on Instagram. “I’m strong, with a lot of hope and I follow my treatment as usual. I want to thank the entire medical and nursing team for all the care I have received.”
“I have a lot of faith in God and every message of love I receive from you all over the world keeps me full of energy. And watching Brazil in the World Cup too! Thank you so much for everything.”
The football icon was diagnosed with bronchopneumonia after new tests last week at Albert Einstein Hospital. located in the Morumbi district, on the south side of São Paulo, Brazil.
Pele was initially hospitalised on Tuesday, November 29, in Sao Paulo to regulate the medication in his fight against a colon tumor, his daughter Kely Nascimento said. She added that there was “no emergency” concerning her 82-year-old father’s health.