Home NEWS Christmas Day Tragedy as Two Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Christmas Day Tragedy as Two Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Christmas Day Tragedy
According to relatives, the chimney had been checked and deemed ok. Image: National Police Madrid

The National Police in Madrid have reported the deaths of two middle-aged people from suspected carbon monoxide inhalation

The 41-year-old woman and 39-year-old man had allegedly been intoxicated by carbon monoxide inhalation at a house in Calle Romero, Alcalá de Henares, according to a spokesperson from 112 Emergencies.

At around 3:00 p.m., the 112 emergency services received a call saying that two unconscious people had been discovered non-responsive at their home in Alcalá de Henares.

Once at the scene of the tragedy, officers of the Local Police, the National Police, 112, and the Fire Department of the Community of Madrid found a high concentration of carbon monoxide circulating inside the house.

Officers found the deceased couple, a 41-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man, in the bedroom. There was, according to the medics, no possibility of resuscitation.

It appears that the carbon monoxide leak may have come from a fireplace that was burning inside the house.

Relatives of the 41-year-old woman, who came to the home after being worried about not hearing from both of them, assured the police that the chimney had been checked and was, presumably, in good condition. 

The National Police are in charge of the investigation.

Previous articleMorrisons Gibraltar charters plane to bring in ´Anti-Brexit Menu´
Next articleSix dead and two injured after bus in Galicia plunges into river


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here