Fuengirola City Council has launched a mobile application and a website with all the information about the new free urban transport service
The ‘Fuengirola Transporte Urbano’ app is now available for download on Google Play and the Apple Store and the website transportefuengirola.com is also online and accessible.
The service was announced this week by Mayor Ana Mula together with the Councilor for Mobility, Isabel González, who stated that as of January 1 the new free bus service will come into operation, which will be more efficient, as well as more sustainable and ecological.
“In a few days now, from January 1, 2023, traveling by urban bus in Fuengirola will be free. It was a personal commitment that I acquired with all of you and that, after an enormous administrative, technical, and processing work, will be a reality very soon. Because this municipal government complies; complies with its commitments and with all its neighbours”, the councilor said during the presentation of the new mobile application, “available for both Android and IOS, with all the information on each of the urban bus lines and which will allow the waiting time of each one of them, among other functionalities”.
Why Fuengirola is popular with tourists
Fuengirola is a coastal town located on the Costa del Sol in southern Spain. It is a popular destination for tourists due to its Mediterranean climate, beautiful beaches, and abundance of cultural and recreational activities.
Some of the main attractions in Fuengirola include:
- Beaches: Fuengirola has several long, sandy beaches that are popular for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Cultural attractions: The town has a rich history and several cultural attractions, including the Castillo de Sohail, a castle that dates back to the 10th century, and the Fuengirola Archaeological Museum, which displays artifacts from the region’s past.
- Recreational activities: Fuengirola is home to a variety of recreational activities, including golf courses, water parks, and amusement parks.
- Shopping and dining: The town has a wide variety of shops and restaurants, offering something for everyone.
- Proximity to other attractions: Fuengirola is within easy reach of other popular destinations on the Costa del Sol, such as Marbella and Málaga, making it an ideal base for exploring the region.
Overall, Fuengirola’s combination of beautiful beaches, cultural attractions, and recreational activities make it a popular destination for tourists from around the world.